X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom @ Fast Forward
    started a topic Mitty 2011

Mitty 2011

Well, the time has come to take on the larger events. Fast Forward Superchargers will have a corral set aside for any and all FFS owners that would like to display their cars. We have been assigned space for 15-20 cars. Please post here if you think you will be able to attend. If we get more than 20 cars I will expand our reserved space. I am debating on whether or not to also have a vendor booth but probably will pass on that as it would be pretty hard to cover both places.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to post them. This venture is new to me and I can use all the advice I can get.

Thanks

http://classicmotorsports.net/events/Mitty11/

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/mitty-2010/

• MX-Drew
    replied
    As they say, "Everyday is a school day" (you live and learn).

Maybe next year I will come over from the UK but we will have to wait and see.

Glad you are safe and had a good time.

Leave a comment:

• Tom @ Fast Forward
    replied
    First, I will; start with an apology. This was my first pass at one of these. Next time I will skip the boot and simply do what FM did and set up shop in te corral. I was not much of a good host to those in the corral as I was so far away. I did enjoy talking to those of you who made it to the booth. It is great to put faces with the names.

Sorry Pat, no pictures.

Leave a comment:

• socal pat
    replied
    So what went on at the event? Pics!!

Leave a comment:

• socal pat
    replied
    Boy! The luck of the Dutch! You show up and the weather turns nice. Looking forward to your reports.

Leave a comment:

• Tom @ Fast Forward
    replied
    I don't know where exactly the car coral will be but the booth is directly across from the GRM tent.

Leave a comment:

• lds2002black
    replied
    Any idea where your area is going to be ... other than the top of the hill? Looks like the group (Foothills Miata Club) will arrive at around 9:00 am. Right now I think I am going.

Leave a comment:

• Tom @ Fast Forward
    replied
    We were barely staying ahead of the btornado, winds were so bad that my gas mileage dropped from 25 to 17/18. 128 dead here in! Alabama alone. Trees snapped in half.

Leave a comment:

• MX-Drew
    replied
    I have been hearing about the weather you are having, stay safe and this may sound like trying to teach you to suck eggs but the Miata is a very light car so take care.

Leave a comment:

• FormerDatsun510Man
    replied
    Well, Tom had one heck of a drive so far and I am glad he and his wife are safe! Tom messaged me that they had to take shelter from that huge one mile wide tornado that went through Birmingham. They now are at a motel. That little '90 must have been really pushing through a lot of wind. Just thought I would keep you guys updated.

The excitement isn't over yet. Now that same tornado cell is coming my way up here in Greenville.

I hope the rest of the people coming over to the Mitty are safe. Come to think of it, that goes for everyone... even the guys at the Megasquirt tent

The Mitty is sure going to be an event we are going to work for.

Leave a comment:

• Tom @ Fast Forward
    replied
    We wont be there until tomorrow either.

Leave a comment:

• FormerDatsun510Man
    replied
    Glad you are okay! There is more bad weather ahead, be safe! I am leaving tomorrow am, but I can come down sooner if you need assistance.

Leave a comment:

• Tom @ Fast Forward
    replied
    Fighting terrible winds on the road. Spent the night in Monroe, LA last night. Terrible storm. Winds blew hard most of the night. How bad was it, you ask? Well, the crew from "Storm Chasers" spent the night at the same motel. They were out chasing tornados. :( my poor little Miata was in about a foot of water this morning. No problem. I waded over and got it out.

Leave a comment:

• Tom @ Fast Forward
    replied
    Just got this. I beeped as I passed each exit. Well into Texas now.

Leave a comment:

• 99mx5
    replied
    Gimme a holler if you want to stop.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X