• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve
    started a topic Sway bar end links and other Miata goodies

Sway bar end links and other Miata goodies

Hey guys,

I make custom sway bar end links for both the 90-97 and 99-05 Miatas. You can see details of each style at this link: http://www.gearheadsgarage.com/ForSa...tsforsale.html

I also cary many other Miata-friendly products: Toyo tires, Team Dynamics wheels, Racing Beat suspension and exhaust components, and the full line of Bilstein, Koni, and KYB absorbers just to name a few. I have established relationships with the best vendors: just about anything you can think of I can get for you.

This month's special is Borla cat-backs for the 90-97 (part number 14411) for $375. If you're in Southern California, stop by the shop and I'll install it for you!

Thanks for looking!
    Steve

• Tom @ Fast Forward
    replied
    12/9 is what I think I want.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    We can do that! I should be lined up to order from them in the next two or three days. I have the super-double-throw-down Branick 7200 strut tool on my wall so there's isn't a spring I can't handle.

Leave a comment:

• Tom @ Fast Forward
    replied
    I am more than happy to wait for the JICs. Maybe we can install those when I come too?

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Originally posted by abejero
    I did install those massive sway bar mounts from Goodwin. Guess I'll have to pick up a set of links from you when I drop off the kit. Now, if only you carried the JIC 12/9 coilovers, I think my '99 suspension would be complete.
    Cool... we'll put a set on your car when you're here.

You're talking about their frame mounts? Those look to be the same ones I got from Mazda Comp. (they're made by AWR.) I really need to get those installed soon...

Funny you should mention JIC... I will be one of their dealers in just a few days. :D Don't rush off buying anything just yet.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Originally posted by 99mx5
    Will the lower link mount on the A-arm handle the added stress? IIRC, Racing Beat recommends welding a bracket to the A-arm to make the lower mount like the NA link mount.
    Yes, the ultimate solution would be to weld on a second tab for a double-shear mount like the NA cars have. However, the single NB mounting tab is considerably thicker (at least double) material than the NA mount. I believe with a proper load path the stock tab will survive just fine. What I've done on my links is to use a flanged bolt and a spacer that spreads the load out over a larger surface of the mounting tab. Some of the other link kits I've seen (including some much more expensive ones) don't do this: that concentrates the load in a much smaller area on the tab. Will it fail? Theirs might. My method is definitely stronger.

Leave a comment:

• Tom @ Fast Forward
    replied
    I did install those massive sway bar mounts from Goodwin. Guess I'll have to pick up a set of links from you when I drop off the kit. Now, if only you carried the JIC 12/9 coilovers, I think my '99 suspension would be complete.

Leave a comment:

• 99mx5
    replied
    Will the lower link mount on the A-arm handle the added stress? IIRC, Racing Beat recommends welding a bracket to the A-arm to make the lower mount like the NA link mount.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    They will work well with those parts. One of the original requests I got asking about NB links was from a guy that broke a stock link after switching to a big front bar. That's not going to happen with my links.

Leave a comment:

• Tom @ Fast Forward
    replied
    Re: Sway bar end links and other Miata goodies

Originally posted by Steve
    Hey guys,

I make custom sway bar end links for both the 90-97 and 99-05 Miatas.

Steve
    Steve,

I just did the RB sways front and rear. I also did the massive front sway mounts from Goodwin. They make the stock end links look kind of puny. Your links look massive to compliment them. Will these links fit/work with those parts?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X