Automatic Supercharger Driveability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Supercharger Driveability

Thought I'd start a thread for discussion of driving issues with the Auto Coldside kit. For far, he only problem I have had is keeping the wheels from spinning on wet or sandy stretches of road. The tranny seems to just love the extra power, kicks on fast on the highway and the downshifts seem to come at all the right times.
    2001 Blue Automatic, FFS Supercharger

What year is your auto? I'm assuming it's an NB as I thought there was no FF SC for an NC, stick or auto?
    ZOOM 2X, the TN tag on my BRP MP62 S/C'd, I/C'd, BTB, Emerald Mica 2002 Miata, is pronounced "ZOOM ZOOM"

ZOOM 3X, the TN tag on my wife's Galaxy Gray 2008 GT, PRHT, AT is pronounced "ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM"

Comment

Oops, need to update my sig :-) It's a 2001, so yes, NB.

Comment

It has been a few years, is the automatic still holding up with the supercharger?

Have you increased power, or is the kit "stock"?
        Silver 2000, 5 speed with 3.9:1 torsen, 245/35X16, 110mm pulley, Robello head - cooled by E-Cool

Comment

I need to check in here more often :-)

I've kept the kit mostly stock; I did install the cold air box, moved the EGR, and installed slightly larger injectors, but that was for troubleshooting, not power.

It has held up very well over the years! I think I'm at 4 years, 25k miles? No maintenance issues on the engine or transmission that I can tell.

Comment

No problem, I am interested because I blow too many shifts, I'm not ready to buy a new car.

Thanks for the update.
            Silver 2000, 5 speed with 3.9:1 torsen, 245/35X16, 110mm pulley, Robello head - cooled by E-Cool

Comment

Working...
            X