Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting that itch. Mazdaspeed block + FFS in a 91???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting that itch. Mazdaspeed block + FFS in a 91???

Im just guessing but IF it could be made to work 220-230 would be safe on this motor. The Big Enchalada FM sells does about that. I love the power delivery of the 1.6 but like the title says. ITCHY SCRACHY. SO... Besides the block and a header ( new clutch resurfaced flywheel while were in there ) Oh! and a basic service; t belt and water pump. What would I need? I have all the cards and the blower. Course I'd need a new manifold and I'm not sure if the Mazdaspeed injectors would have to be swapped with regular 1.8 squirters, How bout them new COP's I been hearing about? DISCUSS
    1991 copper stripes with LOUVERS BABY! M45 REMOVED!! Replaced with FFS first MP-62 1.6L kit !!! 170 HP and 143 lbs Tq 1.8 torsen HD roll bar Koni's with GC coilovers 1.6 TEST MONKEY #1 WOO HOO

I would say 220 would be relatively easy with that setup. Mine is basically the same as the MSM. It was a 99 head on a 94-97 block. Mine is all 99 but with 9:1 pistons. So basically the same. http://www.fastforwardsuperchargers....iata-at-312BHP
    sigpic

1990 with FFS Coldside. At least 260 WHP NON-INTERCOOLED

Comment

MY thread is back! YEA ! Does anyone know if the new pencil COP's will fit both the MSM head / valve cover AND be made to work with the 91 computer? Also it seems to me Mazda used larger than 99 injectors. Would the normal 1.8 injectors for say the 99 interchange in the MSM head? I beleve the MSM head is NON VVT which would make things much easier but I'm not sure anyone has tried to put a normally aspirated header on a MSM head. I also dont know if the studs / ports on the intake side match up with; say, a 1999 or 2003 style head.
      Last edited by Elphaba; 04-06-2015, 09:21 AM.
      1991 copper stripes with LOUVERS BABY! M45 REMOVED!! Replaced with FFS first MP-62 1.6L kit !!! 170 HP and 143 lbs Tq 1.8 torsen HD roll bar Koni's with GC coilovers 1.6 TEST MONKEY #1 WOO HOO

Comment

Pretty sure they basically used a 99-00 head on a 94-97 block. The injectors physically interchange from 94-05 if I recall. The values change but not much. If you are going to go E85, consider larger injectors. Like the RX7 310/315cc. If you want, I can get you new ones for close to the price of used.

I am a disbeliever in COPS after my bout with CDI. I just went back to stock 1990 coils. These would probably be better and cheaper. http://www.jegs.com/i/MSD/121/8224/1...FcWUfgodRA8A6w
        sigpic

Comment

Ummm. Unlike you I don't have an E85 station close to my home ( sad ) So I don't see that as an option. Still; 220-230 on 91 oct should be dooable with a MSM motor.?.? How big can you go on injectors with the stock 91 ECU? How much boost are you getting away with on the stock 90 coils?

Comment

I was at 18PSI but have converted back to 91 octane and 13PSI.
            sigpic

Comment

Did you re dyno at 13 psi ?

Comment

No. I would guess 210-220. Hard to make a lot of power with Arizona 91 octane.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X